Style 6781 S2-Glass - Clearance
Superior Strength among Fiberglass Fabrics
This 9-ounce fabric selection is much like our #543 9-ounce E-Glass, except that it is woven from S2 fibers. As a result, this S2-Glass features extraordinary strength with a superior look and finish. Style 6781 is one of the most popular fabric for modern aerospace applications.
In the #1543, glass fibers are bundled and woven repeatedly to float over seven bundles, then under one. As a result, the fabric is flatter and more easily draped over the most complex shapes, especially when compared to plain weaves.
- Satin weaves are flatter than other weaves and conform to shapes easily.
- S2 Fibers in an 8H Satin Weave provides extraordinary strength with a superior look and finish.
- High heat and chemical resistance.
- Most popular aerospace fabric used today.
- Meets MIL-C-9084 and MIL-Y-1140.
- If requested, this fabric can be certified to meet the requirements of: AMS-C-9084 Type VIII-B (Class 1 & 2), with exception for fiber type and ASTM D 4029-09 Style 7781, with exception for fiber type.
- Although they conform well to shapes, satin weaves can be more easily distorted than other weaves.
- Use with epoxy resin, polyester resin, or vinyl ester resin to produce composite parts of excellent strength, low weight, and great cosmetics.
- To maximize strength in parts, use with an epoxy, like our System #2000.
|Strength (Warp)||221 lbs/inch|
|Strength (Fill)||235 lbs/inch|
|Weave||8H Satin Weave|
|Full Roll||125 yards (typical)|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
All Clearance Corner inventory is controlled and maintained through this website. Therefore, all Clearance Corner items must be ordered through this website (No phone / fax / email orders permitted). Each Clearance Corner product is available in limited quantities on a one-time, first-come-first-serve basis. The first customer to fully complete their online order will receive the Clearance Corner product. NOTE: Simply adding a Clearance Corner product to your online shopping cart will not reserve its inventory for you.