Superior Mechanical and Insulative Properties
DIAB closed cell vinyl foams are valued for their superior structural and mechanical properties. These foams are often used as a structural sandwich core for weight-sensitive aircraft and automotive applications. They combine ultra-low weight, improved stiffness, and impact resistance.
At 3 lb./cubic foot, the density of these foams is similar to that of industry honeycombs, though strength properties do not match up to costlier honeycomb alternatives.
- Extremely easy to handle, including cutting, shaping, and thermoforming with a heat gun or oven
- Used to build bulk rapidly, or bond individual sheets to provide additional thickness in target areas
- Insulative and water resistant
- Compatible with epoxy, polyester, and vinyl ester resins
The different thicknesses we offer are tailored to different applications:
- 1⁄8" thick foam is best used for laminates that require only additional impact resistance or parts with a small cross-section.
- 3⁄8" thick foam offers additional strength and impact resistance without adding significant weight; it's well suited for making reinforced vertical components or walls.
- 1⁄2" thick foam offers the highest strength to a composite part.; applications usually include structural components like flooring and exterior paneling.
DIAB Divinycell H45 3 lb. density sheets measure 32" X 48".
All Clearance Corner inventory is controlled and maintained through this website. Therefore, all Clearance Corner items must be ordered through this website (No phone / fax / email orders permitted). Each Clearance Corner product is available in limited quantities on a one-time, first-come-first-serve basis. The first customer to fully complete their online order will receive the Clearance Corner product. NOTE: Simply adding a Clearance Corner product to your online shopping cart will not reserve its inventory for you.
Data SheetsProduct Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet