Chavant Monu-Melt Hard Design Clay - Clearance
For orders placed before 2:30PM EST
Meltable Clay that can be Brushed onto Foam
This dark, forest green colored, sulfur-free modeling clay offers a new option when creating plugs for new tooling. With a low melting temperature, and hard modeling characteristics, this clay is meant to be brushed onto a foam plug and can be further modeled and detailed like any other of our popular modeling clays.
Like our other Chavant clays, this oil-based clay never dries out or cracks, and allows PVA separator to be applied to it when building tooling.
- Exceptionally smooth clay allows you to craft fine details without cracks or uneven texture
- Workable by hand and easy to use
- Will not oxidize, dry, or crack
- No odor improves working environment
- Melts when heated to 180-200°F
- Can be brushed onto CNC or hand-carved foam armatures
- Can be heated and cooled repeatedly without any significant change
- Measures as a “6” on clay hardness scale—ideal for industrial modeling applications
- Sold per billet (1124-A) or case quantities (1124-B)
- Clay will get sticky as it warms up
- Monu-Melt™ should be melted in a range from 180-200°F.
- Keeping the clay above 200°F will result in bubbling of the liquid clay. This bubbling is mostly aesthetic, and will not affect the characteristics of the cool clay.
- There is some oil separation at 210°F but the clay can be kneaded back to its original consistency upon cooling.
- Excessive temperature can cause the components to scorch or separate, a situation that may or may not be recoverable.
- Always test your application method in advance.
|Billet (Block) Weight||2 lbs|
|Net Case Weight||40 lbs (20 billets)|
|Billet Dimensions (approx.)||2-3⁄4" x 2-3⁄4" x 5"|
All Clearance Corner inventory is controlled and maintained through this website. Therefore, all Clearance Corner items must be ordered through this website (No phone / fax / email orders permitted). Each Clearance Corner product is available in limited quantities on a one-time, first-come-first-serve basis. The first customer to fully complete their online order will receive the Clearance Corner product. NOTE: Simply adding a Clearance Corner product to your online shopping cart will not reserve its inventory for you.
This item (#1124-A), when ordered as a single block, will typically ship in a small box. Where possible, we will combine ordered items to reduce the number of boxes shipped.
A case (#1124-B) will typically ship in a large box.
Chavant Le Beau Touché Clay
This clay is available in two sizes:
One 2 lb. block (#1124-A)
One case, a 20-count of 2 lb. blocks (#1124-B).