End Grain Balsa - Clearance
For orders placed before 2:30PM EST
Conforms to Most Curves – Marine Grade
End Grain Balsa is the most widely used core material, and is best suited for dynamic structures where performance and efficiency are key.
Sheets are constructed from small individual blocks of end grain balsa wood, each bonded to a light scrim fabric that holds blocks together during lamination. As a result, this core will conform to practically any simple curve and most gradual compound curves.
- Easily used with traditional woodworking methods, including drilling, turning, milling, and sawing to close tolerances.
- Flexible and easily draped
- Sheets measure 2 ft. x 4 ft.
- Density - 9-1⁄2 lb./cubic foot
- Offers good fatigue properties, high sound insulation and thermal properties
- Low Flame, Smoke, and Toxicity (FST) properties
- Compatible with hand lay-up, vacuum bagging, and resin infusion processes.
- Suitable for elevated temperature-cure prepreg systems
- Ideal for wind and maring applications.
- Can be used in conjunction with other foam core materials
|Compressive Strength||1.842 psi|
|Compressive Modulus||594 psi|
|Tensile Stength||1.958 psi|
|Shear Strength||435 psi|
|Shear Modulus||24 psi|
|Thermal Conductivity||24 W/m K|
All Clearance Corner inventory is controlled and maintained through this website. Therefore, all Clearance Corner items must be ordered through this website (No phone / fax / email orders permitted). Each Clearance Corner product is available in limited quantities on a one-time, first-come-first-serve basis. The first customer to fully complete their online order will receive the Clearance Corner product. NOTE: Simply adding a Clearance Corner product to your online shopping cart will not reserve its inventory for you.