For Precise, Repeatable, High-Strength Parts
These braided carbon biaxial sleeves feature the desirable cosmetics of a 2x2 twill pattern. They can be slid over a prepared mandrel or cylinder to create straight or tapered tubing.
Braided sleeves will completely conform to the shape of products with changing geometries like prosthetics and hockey sticks, improving overall performance, minimizing weight, and maximizing the ultimate tensile strength of carbon.
- 2x2 Twill weave for great conformability, strength and aesthetics
- 45° Angle twill weave orientation
- Wets out easily with resin
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- The sleeves can be increased from their base diameter up to 30% and decreased up to 70%. This means that our 2" sleeve can be used in a single application ranging from 0.6" to 2.6" in diameter.
- When expanded, a braided reinforcement works much like a shark's body, orienting itself to the direction of force. This actually strengthens its outer skin, enabling it to withstand pressure and carry load, and to tolerate damage and fatigue. If a puncture does occur, the sleeve provides a slow, controlled failure, rather than a more damaging and potentially dangerous blowup.
- Laying up sleeves is predictable, repeatable, and suitable for precise manufacture of composite parts. Braided sleeves are extremely resistant to cracks between layers, reducing the possibility of delaminating and increasing the strength of the product.
- To maximize the fiber properties, use with epoxy or vinyl ester resins.
- Polyester resin is also suitable, and is primarily used in cosmetic applications where higher strength-to-weight ratios are not a factor.
|Diameter||1.5" - 6"|
|Fabric Weight||8.3 - 14.5 oz/yd2|
|Tensile Strength||610-850 KSI|
|Tensile Modulus||31-41.5 MSI|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.