1/4" Chopped Graphite Fibers
For orders placed before 2:30PM EST
Localize Strength for High-Performance Parts
Chopped carbon fiber is commonly compounded with resins to create an easily molded composite that is great for filling cavities or reinforce parts requiring optimized electrical conductivity, high strength, and modulus. These precision-chopped graphite fibers are chopped from a 24K tow.
- Chopped fiber is an economical alternative to fabric.
- Chopped graphite fiber also offers good translation of mechanical and electrical properties and is easily mixed into a uniform pre-blend prior to compounding.
- Easily mixed into a uniform pre-blend prior to compounding
- Good combination of mechanical and electrical properties
- Use with difficult vacuum bagging applications to fill deep cavities or sharp edges.
- Recommended for use with epoxy or vinyl ester resin. Add filler after adding catalyst to resin.
- Mix ratio is 1:15 (filler to resin). Adjustments may be necessary by application.
|Tensile Modulus||34.1 MSI|
|Filament Diameter||0.28 x 10-3 in|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.