Chavant Y2-Klay Industrial Design Clay
Create Accurate Prototypes and Patterns
This dark brown, hard styling clay is workable at 135°F and is hard at, or below, room temperature. TY2 Klay offers the consistency, adhesion, cohesion and surface development--characteristics found in chavant clays since 1892.
Final clay forms made with Y2-Klay can be used as a plug, impression mold, or as a male or female mold.
- Contains no sulfur.
- Y2-Klay is 30% to 40% lighter than other industrial styling clay, so models are easier to move and handle.
- Exceptional cohesion and adhesion properties.
- Y2-Klay is resistant to shrinking and cracking,
- Low-odor, non-toxic formula makes for safer working conditions.
- Y2-Klay holds excellent surface detail and can be milled or shaped with tools.
- In order to use Y2-Klay as a mold-making material, the clay surface needs to be primed or top coated. To prepare the clay surface, spray three mist coats of PVA directly onto the clay. Once the PVA has dried to a film, #1041 Duratec Gray Surfacing Primer or Tooling Gel Coat can be sprayed over the PVA to obtain a proper mold surface.
- Heated clay up to 125°F to increase workability.
- PLEASE NOTE: If Y2-Klay is used as a mold-making material, the original clay form will likely be destroyed.
|Billet (cylinder block) Size||1-3⁄4 lb.|
|Approximate Billet Dimensions||2-1⁄2" diameter x 10" long|
|Net Case Weight||35 lb. (20 x 1-3⁄4 lb. billets)|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every tool and supply accessory we offer is manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect reliable and compatible supplies every time you order.
A case (#1122-B) will typically ship in a large box.
This clay is available in two sizes:
One 1.75 lb. billet (#1122-A)
One case, a 20-count of 1.75 lb. billets (#1122-B)