Unidirectional Carbon Fabric (9.0 oz)
No Crimp Fibers for High One-Direction Strength
This unidirectional fabric is non-woven. Consequently, there is no crimping of the fibers and only minimal binder is used. Minimal polyester fill threads on one side further reduce crimp potential. This results in the highest property unidirectional dry reinforcement available.
The 9 oz/sq yd is used in many marine applications such as boat hulls, as well as hockey sticks and bicycles.
- Unidirectional fabrics add strength in just one direction.
- Never-twisted SM fiber with a tensile modulus of 33.4 MSI and strength of over 700 KSI/li>
- 12" wide fabric
- Wets out quickly and easily
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- Ideal for parts where maximum single directional properties are critical, like hockey sticks, bicycles, or boat hulls
- If your application calls for higher strength properties, consider our #2596 Unidirectional Fabric, a 4.3-ounce, which features 40 MSI.
- To maximize strength properties, use with an epoxy, like our System 2000 Epoxy Resin (#2000).
|Strength (Dry)||711 KSI|
|Tensile Modulus (dry)||33.4 MSI|
|Weave||Unidirectional (non woven)|
|Weight||9.0 oz/sq yd|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Click below on the "What to expect when you order Fabric" video to see how rolled fabrics are cut and shipped each time you order.
This fabric is sold by the linear yard, either as a prepackaged quantity or by continuous yardage.
This fabric is available in pre-cut lengths that measure one yard (#2583-A, roll), three yards (#2583-B, roll), and five yards (#2583-C, roll). Each is packaged and sold separately. For your convenience, these "prepacks" can be purchased in any combination. However, if the length for any one fabric totals 10 yards or more, we suggest you purchase it in continuous, "cut to length" yardage.
Continuous, "Cut to Length" Yardage
If you know in advance that you intend to purchase 10 yards or more of any one fabric, it should be ordered in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. In this case, fabric will be cut once according to the total yardage ordered, and customers receive a price-per-yard discount as compared to prepacks.
Quantity discounts continue to deepen as the yardage increases for any one cut of one fabric.