Unidirectional Carbon Fabric (4.0 oz)
Our Lightest Weight Unidirectional Fabric
This unidirectional fabric is made from a standard modulus fiber making it suitable for a wide array of projects—while still boasting a tensile strength of over 700 KSI—six times stronger than steel! It is our lightest variety of unidirectional carbon fabrics—perfect for precision layups. It is non-woven, so there is no crimping of the fibers and less than 3% of polyester binder is used on one side to allow for the highest possible density of carbon fibers.
The 4.0 oz/sq yd is commonly chosen as a reinforcement for precision parts, like UAV's, model airplanes, model boats, or other recreational parts.
- Unidirectional fabrics add strength in just one direction
- Never-twisted SM fiber with a tensile modulus of 33.4 MSi and strength of over 700 KSI
- Flawless, outward surface after curing
- 12" wide fabric lays up seamlessly side-by-side
- Wets out quickly and easily with epoxy resin
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- Ideal for precision and light weight parts for drones, UAV's, model planes, model boats, hiking sticks, pressure vessels, and model aerospace projects.
- If your application calls for higher strength properties, consider our 4.3 oz #2596 Unidirectional IM Fabric.
- To maximize strength properties, use with an epoxy, like our System 2000 Epoxy Resin (#2000).
|Tensile Modulus||33.4 MSI|
|Weight||4.0 oz/sq yd (139 gsm)|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards (typical)|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Click below on the "What to expect when you order Fabric" video to see how rolled fabrics are cut and shipped each time you order.
This fabric is sold by the linear yard, either as a prepackaged quantity or by continuous yardage.
This fabric is available in pre-cut lengths that measure one yard (#2585-A, roll), three yards (#2585-B, roll), and five yards (#2585-C, roll). Each is packaged and sold separately. For your convenience, these "prepacks" can be purchased in any combination. However, if the length for any one fabric totals 10 yards or more, we suggest you purchase it in continuous, "cut to length" yardage.
Continuous, "Cut to Length" Yardage
If you know in advance that you intend to purchase 10 yards or more of any one fabric, it should be ordered in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. In this case, fabric will be cut once according to the total yardage ordered, and customers receive a price-per-yard discount as compared to prepacks.
Quantity discounts continue to deepen as the yardage increases for any one cut of one fabric.