Prepreg Unidirectional Carbon Fabric (4.3 oz)
Increased Stiffness with an Integrated Resin System
This unidirectional is non-woven, so there is no crimping of the fibers and less than 3% of polyester binder is used on one side to allow for the highest possible density of carbon fibers. The resin system with curing agent has been preimpregnated into the fabric for an ideal 37% strength-to-weight ratio, and repeatable high-quality results.
The 4.3 oz/sq yd IM is a great choice when building high performance aerospace, marine, and racing parts.
- Unidirectional fabrics add strength in just one direction
- Never-twisted IM fiber with a tensile modulus of 40.0 MSI and strength of over 800 KSI
- Flawless, outward surface after curing
- 12" wide fabric lays up seamlessly side-by-side
- Integrated epoxy system provides consistent, flawless results
- Room temperature storage means this fabric is always ready to use—no freezing and thawing required!
- Use this fabric for aerospace and other high performance racing applications like car bodies, boat hulls, or aerospace rockets.
- Our unidirectional prepregs feature blue and red liners. The red liner signifies the binder side of the material, where the blue liner is the more cosmetic side of the material for the outward-facing surface.
- Cure the resin with a vacuum bagging and a ramp-up heat cycle—less waste, and less curing time!
- All of our prepregs are shelf stable at room temperature for up to 12 months.
- When laying up in a mold, use a heat gun to make fabric more pliable—but be careful, it will also become tackier.
|Tensile Modulus||40.0 MSI|
|Weight||4.3 oz/sq yd (139 gsm)|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards (typical)|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Click below on the "What to expect when you order Fabric" video to see how rolled fabrics are cut and shipped each time you order.
This fabric is sold by the linear yard, either as a prepackaged quantity or by continuous yardage.
This fabric is available in pre-cut lengths that measure one yard (#3112-A, roll), three yards (#3112-B, roll), and five yards (#3112-C, roll). Each is packaged and sold separately. For your convenience, these "prepacks" can be purchased in any combination. However, if the length for any one fabric totals 10 yards or more, we suggest you purchase it in continuous, "cut to length" yardage.
Continuous, "Cut to Length" Yardage
If you know in advance that you intend to purchase 10 yards or more of any one fabric, it should be ordered in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. In this case, fabric will be cut once according to the total yardage ordered, and customers receive a price-per-yard discount as compared to prepacks.
Quantity discounts continue to deepen as the yardage increases for any one cut of one fabric.