Prepreg 3K, Plain Weave Carbon Fiber Fabric
Increased Stiffness with an Integrated Resin System
This plain weave carbon fiber features a 3k tow (3000 filliments per fiber) and is a commonly selected fabric style for aerodynamic parts. It delivers uniform strength in both longitudinal and latitudinal directions. A high performance resin system with curing agent has been preimpregnated into the fabric for an ideal 37% strength-to-weight ratio, and repeatable high-quality results.
This fabric is widely used in high performance racing or aerospace applications, and provides a beautiful finish to any layup.
- 13 x 13 plain weave offers a tight weave, which is less likely to fray
- High Modulus fiber with a tensile modulus of over 33 MSI and strength of over 600 KSI
- Flawless, outward surface after curing
- 50" fabric width
- Integrated epoxy system provides consistent, flawless results
- Room temperature storage means this fabric is always ready to use—no freezing and thawing required!
- A popular choice for aerospace and other high performance applications, such as race car and motorcycle parts.
- Plain weave fabrics are easier to maintain weave aesthetics than their twill weave counterparts while laying into a mold, with similar drapability.
- Cure the resin with a vacuum bagging and a ramp-up heat cycle—less waste, and less curing time!
- All of our prepregs are shelf stable at room temperature for up to 12 months.
- When laying up in a mold, use a heat gun to make fabric more pliable—but be careful, it will also become tackier.
- To add further strength in all directions, known as an isotropic part, we recommend laying this material up at a 45 degree bias from layer to layer.
- For a Twill Weave version of this 3k prepreg carbon, check out our #3111
|Tensile Modulus||33.0-34.9 MSI|
|Weave||13 x 13 Plain|
|Weight||5.8 oz/sq yd (198gsm)|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards (typical)|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Click below on the "What to expect when you order Fabric" video to see how rolled fabrics are cut and shipped each time you order.
This fabric is sold by the linear yard, either as a prepackaged quantity or by continuous yardage.
This fabric is available in pre-cut lengths that measure one yard (#3115-A, roll), three yards (#3115-B, roll), and five yards (#3115-C, roll). Each is packaged and sold separately. For your convenience, these "prepacks" can be purchased in any combination. However, if the length for any one fabric totals 10 yards or more, we suggest you purchase it in continuous, "cut to length" yardage.
Continuous, "Cut to Length" Yardage
If you know in advance that you intend to purchase 10 yards or more of any one fabric, it should be ordered in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. In this case, fabric will be cut once according to the total yardage ordered, and customers receive a price-per-yard discount as compared to prepacks.
Quantity discounts continue to deepen as the yardage increases for any one cut of one fabric.