Perma-Grit Fine Hand Tools
Give a Hand-Finished Touch to Laminate Parts
Perma-Grit® Fine Hand Tools are ideal for precise shaping and finishing of the highest quality composite parts. Tools feature tough tungsten carbide grit welded onto steel planks. As a result, they're extremely robust and outlast traditional sandpaper by thousands of times. Use them to sand in any direction, make slots and shape carbon fiber and fiberglass parts. They will not fray or shatter the edges of your part.
Remember, it is always recommended that you work from a coarse grit to a fine grit before moving on to a rubbing compound or wax when creating a surface finish.
#1922 is a comprehensive 8-piece kit containing the most popular hand tools as noted below, and includes a Velcro®-fastened tool roll for organized storage.
- Square File with plastic handle measures 1⁄4" x 8-3⁄4". Use it to clean up slot cuts, create sharp inside and outside corners, and for sanding in the same manner as a flat file in small areas.
- Round File with plastic handle measures 1⁄4" x 8-3⁄4"; Use it in rounded areas to clean up slots and cutouts, and perform general sanding.
- Tube Hand File measures 1⁄2" x 8-1⁄2"; Use it in rounded areas to clean up slots and cutouts, and perform general sanding.
- Tube Hand File measures 3⁄4" x 8-1⁄2". Use it in rounded areas to clean up slots and cutouts, and perform general sanding.
- Hand File with External Grit Curve measures 1-1⁄4" x 9". Use it to enlarge grooves, fillets, and cowlings.
- Angled Hand File measures 9". Use it to produce perfect right angles for doors, windows, and hatches.
- Hand File with Internal Grit Curve measures 1-1⁄4" x 9". Use it to radius sharp corners.
- Flat Hand File measures 1-1⁄2" x 9". Use it to finish intricate cuts and smooth out uneven edges for flat areas.
Perma-Grit products don't clog easily, but can be cleaned, if necessary, with a wire brush and/or Acetone (part #9).
Perma-Grit Fine Hand Tools are available as part of an 8-piece set (#1922-A), which is sold by the unit.