Carbon Fiber Tape
Wrap for Strength, Make Easy Carbon Repairs
Carbon fiber tape is ideal for selective reinforcement of carbon fiber fabrications, sleeve winding, lap joining, and repairs of cracks on graphite surfaces. Just like their wider carbon fabric counterparts, these standard modulus tapes offer higher ultimate tensile strength and stiffness-to-weight ratios than any other commonly available reinforcements.
Carbon fabric tapes are referred to as tapes only for their width and appearance—they are not adhesive backed. Their finished edges offer easier handling and a clean, finished appearance. They are ideal for use in auto racing, aerospace, competition marine, and light industrial applications.
- Woven-to-width premium selvedge (not cut down from wider fabrics) to prevent unraveling
- Sizes available frmo one to six inches, in 10 yard or 50 yard rolls
- Plain weave for uniform stength in both directions
- Wets out quickly and easily/li>
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- To maximize the fiber properties, use with epoxy or vinyl ester resins.
- Great for strengthening parts
- Polyester resin is also suitable, and is primarily used in cosmetic applications where higher strength-to-weight ratios are not a factor.
|Tensile Modulus||33-34.9 MSI|
|Weight||5.8 oz/sq yd (198 gsm)|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
All available widths of tape are sold ONLY is prepackaged rolls of either 10 yards (as designated with the letter "A" following the part number, #597-A, for example) or 50 yards (as designated with the letter "B").
Quantity discounts per roll are available when four or more rolls of any one tape are purchased in one order. Discounts continue to deepen as the number of rolls purchased in any one order increases.