KEVLAR® Twill Weave Fabric - Clearance
High Impact Resistance, High Impact Appearance
This KEVLAR® 49 fabric is ideal for impact-resistant applications that call for excellent specific tensile strength and minimum weight. The colorful, twill pattern makes for improved drapability and delivers impressive cosmetics where show-through is a factor. Common applications include kayaks, canoes, boats, and sporting goods equipment.
- Genuine KEVLAR 49 aramid fabric designed for durable composite parts
- Common applications for KEVLAR 49 fabrics include: kayaks, canoes, high-speed boats, aircraft fuselage panels, pressure vessels, sporting equipment, wind turbines and much more.
- They can be used with epoxy, vinyl ester, or polyester resins to create a rigid laminate.
- 50" width is ideal for most layups
- KEVLAR® Fabric is made with genuine DuPont™ KEVLAR® fiber. DuPont™ and KEVLAR® are registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company and are used with permission.
- The 2x2 Twill is meant to be used with a resin system, like our System 2000 Epoxy.
- Once cut, twill fabrics are prone to unraveling due to the looser weave. Prior to cutting, be sure to use our #1735-A Perfect Line Tape, or Dritz Fray Check, #1713-A.
- KEVLAR® is difficult to cut, sand, and machine. Consider a dedicated pair of serrated scissors, like our #2731-A.
- Our KEVLAR® is not meant to be sewn.
- Unused KEVLAR® should be stored away from UV light. It will degrade in UV light.
- Cutting composite grade KEVLAR® can be a headache! Serrated Scissors are designed to make precise, clean cuts for even the toughest fabrics. Unique design features a serrated lower blade that holds fabric in place, while a smooth upper blade makes the cut.
|Material/td>||1140 denier Kevlar 49|
|Warps/Picks||17 per inch|
|Fabric Weight||5.3 oz/sq yd|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
All Clearance Corner inventory is controlled and maintained through this website. Therefore, all Clearance Corner items must be ordered through this website (No phone / fax / email orders permitted). Each Clearance Corner product is available in limited quantities on a one-time, first-come-first-serve basis. The first customer to fully complete their online order will receive the Clearance Corner product. NOTE: Simply adding a Clearance Corner product to your online shopping cart will not reserve its inventory for you.
Click below on the "What to expect when you order Fabric" video to see how rolled fabrics are cut and shipped each time you order.
This fabric is sold by the linear yard, either as a prepackaged quantity or by continuous yardage.
This fabric is available in pre-cut lengths that measure one yard (#2443-A, roll), three yards (#2443-B, roll), and five yards (#2443-C, roll). Each is packaged and sold separately. For your convenience, these "prepacks" can be purchased in any combination. However, if the length for any one fabric totals 10 yards or more, we suggest you purchase it in continuous, "cut to length" yardage.
Continuous, "Cut to Length" Yardage
If you know in advance that you intend to purchase 10 yards or more of any one fabric, it should be ordered in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. In this case, fabric will be cut once according to the total yardage ordered, and customers receive a price-per-yard discount as compared to prepacks.
Quantity discounts continue to deepen as the yardage increases for any one cut of one fabric.