3K, Plain Weave Carbon Fiber Fabric
For Lightweight, High-Strength, Aerodynamic Parts
For lightweight aerodynamic parts, this plain weave carbon fiber features a 3k tow (3000 filliments per fiber) and is a commonly selected fabric style, delivering uniform strength in both horizontal and vertical directions.
It wets out quickly and handles easily. Only three layers are typically necessary to produce non-structural pieces.Our Available in 50" or 60", #530 and #1530 boasts an ultimate tensile strength of at least 610 KSI—most competitors offer only around 500 KSI
- 12.5 x 12.5 plain weave offers a tight weave, which is less likely to fray
- Wets out quickly
- Unmatched strength to weight ratio
- High Modulus for superior rigidity
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- Ideal for lightweight parts used in aerospace applications.
- To maximize strength properties, use with an epoxy, like our System 2000 Epoxy Resin (#2000).
- For added conformability, lay up the fabric at a 45-degree bias inside molds.
- This fabric is available in thin strip tapes for unique shapes or wrapping applications.
|Tensile Modulus||33.0-34.9 MSI|
|Weave||12.5 x 12.5 Plain|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards|
|Weight||5.8 oz/sq yd (198gsm)|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Click below on the "What to expect when you order Fabric" video to see how rolled fabrics are cut and shipped each time you order.
This fabric is sold by the linear yard, either as a prepackaged quantity or by continuous yardage.
This fabric is available in pre-cut lengths that measure one yard (#530-A, roll), three yards (#530-B, roll), and five yards (#530-C, roll). Each is packaged and sold separately. For your convenience, these "prepacks" can be purchased in any combination. However, if the length for any one fabric totals 10 yards or more, we suggest you purchase it in continuous, "cut to length" yardage.
Continuous, "Cut to Length" Yardage
If you know in advance that you intend to purchase 10 yards or more of any one fabric, it should be ordered in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. In this case, fabric will be cut once according to the total yardage ordered, and customers receive a price-per-yard discount as compared to prepacks.
Quantity discounts continue to deepen as the yardage increases for any one cut of one fabric.